Our program is accessible.
Students only need a bachelor's degree in any discipline to begin the program.
Our program is convenient.
Program can be done 100% online and can be completed in 2-5 years.
Our program is respected.
Professors include Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Michael Sirilla, Dr. John Bergsma, and other great minds!
The Details of the Program:
Whether you’re looking to serve the Church better as a catechist, diocesan or parish faith formation director, youth minister, RCIA leader, or religion teacher, or simply to grow in your understanding of the Catholic faith, our partnership with Franciscan University of Steubenville offers you the chance to acquire the knowledge and skills you need at a third off the regular tuition rates. You can save even more money by taking your prerequisite courses through the Institute for Catholic Studies and Formation, either on-site or online.
By joining our “Florida cohort” you gain the unique advantage of having access to academic support, encouragement, friendship, and faith sharing within your local area. The Institute for Catholic Studies will offer an online student support center to connect online students with one another and with resources and mentors to accompany you on your journey toward successful completion of your degree.
The Master of Arts in Catechetics and Evangelization (MACE) and the Master of Arts in Theology and Christian Ministry (MATCM) degrees empower you to be more effective in leading others to a deeper intimacy with Jesus Christ.
More About the Graduate Program
- Students have 5 years to complete the program.
- The online program follows a semester schedule. Some classes are only available at certain semesters, so you will need to plan ahead if you need or want a particular class.
- Students must pick the track they wish to pursue: MA Theology and Christian Ministry or MA Catechetics and Evangelization.
Each track has specific classes they are required to take, as well as optional classes.
- Both programs require 36 credit hours (not including background prerequisite courses). It is up to you how many classes you will take each semester.
- Students need access to a computer and internet.
- Once classes are completed, students take a comprehensive exam, based on questions created by the professors of each class they have taken.
Who is this class for? For those who want to pursue an online MA in Theology and Christian Ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, this is a […]
Greetings from the new Executive Director. I look forward to serving the Diocese of Venice. I arrive after serving as the Director of Distance Education and […]