DW 204- Exploring the Mass Get inspired and advance your learning with a FREE 8-week fall course, Exploring the Mass, from The Institute for Catholic Studies (Deeper Waters Program for Adult
DW 204- Exploring the Mass
Get inspired and advance your learning with a FREE 8-week fall course, Exploring the Mass, from The Institute for Catholic Studies (Deeper Waters Program for Adult Education).
When you enroll in this FREE online class you’ll get access to weekly lectures, assigned readings, live Q&A’s, and more! Here are the details…
Exploring the Mass Online Class
Instructor: Fr. Shawn Roser
Starts: March 4, 2019 Ends: April 26, 2019 Fee: FREE
In this 8-week class, you’ll be guided through a basic theological understanding of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, which will include its history and development, an exploration of its symbols and gestures, and its importance in Christ’s work of salvation.
More specifically, you’ll learn:
- The roots, development, and structure of the Mass
- The spiritual realities and physical attributes of the Mass.
- Sacred objects and their use: sights, sounds, and smells.
- Inside the Mass: words, actions, and gestures of the clergy and congregation.
- The priesthood and the Mass: an inseparable bond.
Class components include:
- Class lectures (one per week with a total of 8 weeks)
- Weekly reading assignments
- Discussion questions for a weekly blog/online discussion
- Possible live Skype video conference sessions for a Q&A with the instructor
- Course Dates: March 4 – April 26, 2019
- Course Location: online through Canvas
About the Instructor:
Fr. Shawn Roser earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in philosophy from St. John Vianney College Seminary in Miami, and his Bachelor of Sacred Theology degree from the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. He also completed additional studies in Catholic Spirituality at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. He was ordained a transitional deacon in the Papal Basilica of St. Peter at the Vatican and later was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Venice at Epiphany Cathedral on July 14, 2018. Prior to seminary, Fr. Roser served in the United States Air Force Reserves and also holds a Private Pilot’s License.
March 4 (Monday) - April 26 (Friday)