The Creed: What we really believe [now enrolling]
DW 201- What We Believe: The Creed
Get inspired and advance your learning with an 8-week fall course, The Creed, from The Institute for Catholic Studies (Deeper Water Program for Adult Education).
When you enroll in this $40 online class (breaks down to only $5 per week), you’ll get access to weekly lectures, assigned readings, live Q&A’s, and more! Here are the details…
The Creed Online Class
Instructor: Ryan Beggy, MA
Starts September 4, 2018 Ends October 26, 2018 Fee: $40 ($5 per week)
In this 8-week class, you’ll be guided through the two prominent creeds of the Catholic Church, the Apostles and the Nicaean Creeds.
More specifically, you’ll learn:
- The Catholic Church’s teaching on The Foundations and sources for Catholic beliefs, as set forth in the Apostles and Nicaean Creeds.
- Understanding of the terminology used in the creed (ex. consubstantial)
- Biblical sources of the various statements with references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Class components include:
- Class lectures (one per week with a total of 8 weeks)
- Weekly reading assignments
- Discussion questions for a weekly blog/online discussion
- Two live Skype video conference sessions for a Q&A with the instructor
- Course Dates: September 4 – October 26, 2018
- Course Location: online through Canvas
About the Instructor:
Ryan Beggy is a devoted husband, father of four, and godfather to fourteen. He is a native to the Diocese of Venice in Florida, having received the sacraments of initiation as well as being married in Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Catholic Church in Sarasota. Shortly after his wedding he found himself serving as a teacher for both Sacramentality of Marriage through the pre-Cana weekends, and Natural Family Planning classes throughout the DOV. Eventually, he heard God’s call to further his education and went on to receive a Master’s Degree from a Diocesan-lead program. He is currently a parishioner of Christ the King in Sarasota, and looking forward to guiding students through the journey of salvation history as is presented in the prayer of the Creed.